Skip to content Accessibility info

Real Estate Insurance

Real Estate Insurance

Landlords and property managers face a unique set of risks. Whether you own and manage several rental properties or are considering renting out a single-family unit, make sure you have the insurance protection you need. Heritage Risk Advisors has options available for rental property insurance as well as landlord liability coverage. By shopping our extensive network of insurance carriers, we can help you find affordable options that meet your coverage needs.

Insuring Rental Property

Although your tenants should be encouraged to maintain a renters insurance policy, you also need to carry rental property coverage. Renters insurance provides protection for the belongings of your tenant and also offers personal liability protection for residents dwelling in a rental property. As the owner, however, you need to protect against damages to the dwelling itself. Depending on the size and scope of your property management business, you may also need additional coverage.

At Heritage Risk Advisors, we take the time to get to know each of our customers. We’ll help you evaluate the risks of property management and provide viable solutions to manage those risks. Our menu of coverage options for rental property and management companies includes

  • Policies for apartment buildings and single-family homes
  • Coverage for outbuildings, tennis courts, pools and other property
  • Business personal property coverage for electronics, maintenance equipment and more
  • Loss of income coverage
  • Data storage protection and cyber liability insurance
  • Surety bonds to protect against financial loss when dealing with contractors
  • Commercial vehicle coverage for any motorized vehicles used for your business
  • Coverage for vacant dwellings

Protecting Against Personal Liability

In addition to protecting your property, you need insurance to protect yourself as a landlord. Heritage Risk Advisors offers a customizable landlords liability policy to cover the risks you face when renting property you own. Coverage under this type of policy generally includes issues such as

  • Personal injury suits
  • Wrongful entry
  • Wrongful eviction
  • Slander and libel

Additional coverage such as surety bonds to protect you when hiring contractors for maintenance and remodeling work is also available.

To learn more, fill out our simple request-a-quote form. If you would like to speak with an insurance professional, call our office during regular business hours.